How Feng Shui has helped me and others improve our lives.

Monday, March 24, 2008

What if you could change you life in 30 days?

I've been thinking - there's so much stuff out there on Feng Shui. You can pick up hundreds of books and spend months studying them, only to have nothing to show for that time. Even if you go pick up the simplest "Feng Shui for the Average Joe" type book, it is 2 inches thick (granted it has a lot of pictures) and will take some time for you to figure out, without any help.

So I was thinking - what if you devoted between 5 and 15 minutes a day to improving the energy in your home for 30 days? Let's call it Extreme Energy Makeover, Home Edition. Well, it might not be extreme though. It might be gentle and uplifting. I'll have to work on some catchy slogan. But catchy slogans is not what I'm all about - it's making simple changes to your environment that make your life feel better.

So what if you had someone walk you through a short exercise once a day for 30 days? Would that be doable? Could you take a few minutes each day to do something simple that could change your life? And what would happen after 30 days?

I can tell you what happened for many people. I didn't do 5 or 15 minutes a day. I did maybe 15 minutes a week for 30 days - and after 30 days my social life was better, my life felt more balanced. I was sleeping better. My husband was sleeping better. Heck, even my dogs were sleeping better.

So I'm not talking about some grand life transformation or winning the lottery - I'm talking about real small changes here that have a big impact on your life. So what if all that happens is that you start sleeping better? Think of the residual results - you need less sleep, giving you more time to do the important things. You are better able to focus during the day. That greater focus leads you to greater success - at work, home, school - wherever you put your energy. Maybe your health starts to improve. Maybe you are less crabby and your relationships start to improve. Maybe your body just feels better and you are more uplifted, so you have the energy to do more things to help you feel better....

Get the picture? It's a domino effect. Yesterday my friend Sara and I rearranged the inside of the yoga room at the studio where we teach. Everyone today noticed the energy change. Students felt like the room was more open, balanced, peaceful. Imagine what that small change will do for the practice of everyone in the room. With balanced energy, they can focus more on their practice. I can't wait till tomorrow to see how it feels for me!

So let me know what you think. It will take a little work for me, but I bet I can come up with a 30 day road map that will help you change something about your life.

Here's where I need your help: Tell me what's bugging you. Tell me what 1 thing you need to improve in your life. Don't tell me you want to win the lottery either - but what 1 thing do you really need right now? More sleep? More harmony? Less fighting at home? More energy? More fun in your life? More time in your schedule? (No I can't manufacture time. If I could, do you think I would be sitting here writing?) Maybe you'd like to have more dates....I have a couple of friends who had that goal, and wait till you hear their stories!

Ok I'll stop for now - I want to hear from you. Let me know your thoughts.

Namaste,

Wendy

7 comments:

PC said...

Every little helps, I say. In other words, excellent idea.

That is something I should be putting in practice myself, as I often end up not doing things because (I always feel) I need to do it all, or I am motivated to do nothing. For example - on those rare occasions I like a TV show, I won't (and I can't) just watch the third episode of season 2 - I need to buy the entire box set and start from the very beginning. In reality, I don't buy the box set to begin with.

As for a title, I would be cheeky about it... something along the lines of "How to Cheat at Feng Shui - A Guide to Everyday 15-minute Feng Shui Sessions that WORK"

Heather Papolos said...

This is a fascinating idea!

My biggest obstacle at this time, is too much fighting in my home. If feng shui can help that, I"ll be screaming it's praises from roof tops!!

Heather

Michele said...

Great idea Wendy. Well, I would love help in about everything you've listed LOL, but I guess if I had to pick one thing right now it would be an improvement in my health - which would probably lead to more energy, etc. etc. etc.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I think this is a great idea and would look forward to hearing more!

I would say the one thing (right now) would be my health and/or more energy.

Shawn

Wendy said...

Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming! I'm working on the 30 day program and hope to have it up soon. What Shawn doesn't mention is why she doesn't need to work on her love life.....can you say "magic picture"????

Susan M said...

Great! I need more harmony, peace, direction. Less confusion. More organization.
I look forward to working w/you

Anonymous said...

Here's where I need your help: Tell me what's bugging you.

This is what you ask... do you really want to know the answer to this question, Wendy?